Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t share my Apple TV plus subscription to a family member on family sharing

Hi, I have an Apple TV plus subscription and recently I set up family sharing and activated the Apple TV sharing. However, my husband can’t access the subscription. I can’t figure out why

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 8:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 11:47 PM

Your Apple TV+ subscription is linked to your Apple ID account, and that should link the Apple TV+ subscription to all members of your Family Sharing group by their Apple ID account, as specified during setup of the Family Sharing group.

Verify that each group member signs in to their device and/or the Apple TV app using their own Apple ID account, as specified during setup of the Family Sharing group. Not being signed in for the Apple TV app, might cause content to be unavailable. Don’t share the account itself, as the point of Family Sharing is to have these perks on each their own account.

Then it should just work.

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

If you still experience issues after reviewing the above, then contact Apple Support.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support (phone numbers)

or Get Support - Apple Support (start your support request online)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2020 11:47 PM in response to valecc

Your Apple TV+ subscription is linked to your Apple ID account, and that should link the Apple TV+ subscription to all members of your Family Sharing group by their Apple ID account, as specified during setup of the Family Sharing group.

Verify that each group member signs in to their device and/or the Apple TV app using their own Apple ID account, as specified during setup of the Family Sharing group. Not being signed in for the Apple TV app, might cause content to be unavailable. Don’t share the account itself, as the point of Family Sharing is to have these perks on each their own account.

Then it should just work.

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

If you still experience issues after reviewing the above, then contact Apple Support.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support (phone numbers)

or Get Support - Apple Support (start your support request online)

Can’t share my Apple TV plus subscription to a family member on family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.