Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage

I bought more storage on my iPhone but it continues to tell me I am still out of room. I turned my phone off and on to see if it would reset but it hasn’t. How can I fix this?

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 8:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 8:51 PM

The only storage you can buy is more iCloud storage, which is probably what you did. iCloud storage can be used to have photos and video in the cloud so you can have more room in your phone, but be careful, if you delete things from the cloud they are gone from all devices and forever.

Also if you stop paying the the cloud, you lose everything stored there unless you downloaded it back to the phone or another device.

You can’t buy more storage to increase the amount of storage on the phone itself, that’s limited to what you purchased at the time, ie a 16, 32, 64, 128 gig device.

You probably should talk to someone you know in person if possible who use iPhone and cloud so they can show you how it works, if you don’t know what you are doing you could lose photos and video.

The only real way to free storage is to manually delete apps and photos and video that you don’t want anymore and are taking up room or the next time you get a new iPhone, make sure you get one with more storage GB than your current one.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2020 8:51 PM in response to Diana02lynn

The only storage you can buy is more iCloud storage, which is probably what you did. iCloud storage can be used to have photos and video in the cloud so you can have more room in your phone, but be careful, if you delete things from the cloud they are gone from all devices and forever.

Also if you stop paying the the cloud, you lose everything stored there unless you downloaded it back to the phone or another device.

You can’t buy more storage to increase the amount of storage on the phone itself, that’s limited to what you purchased at the time, ie a 16, 32, 64, 128 gig device.

You probably should talk to someone you know in person if possible who use iPhone and cloud so they can show you how it works, if you don’t know what you are doing you could lose photos and video.

The only real way to free storage is to manually delete apps and photos and video that you don’t want anymore and are taking up room or the next time you get a new iPhone, make sure you get one with more storage GB than your current one.

Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.