You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Airpods Pro microphone generate crackling sound when used with latest 2020 Macbook Air. Works well with iPhone 11!

The BT audio playback is perfect, however the audio recording via the Airpods is generating crackling and static noise when testing and having calls via de macbook air.

I tried the Airpods in all three noise cancellation modes, after reconnecting over and over again, and cleaning it. Am I out of options?

The AirPods Pro audio and microphone recording works well with my iPone 11 so I think the problem might be with the BT connection towards the Macbook Air.

Any thoughts?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 12:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 9:54 PM

The thing is I do not hear myself any crackling sound in the airpods while talking as audio playback is good.

It’s only the Airpod pro microphone recording connected via the macbook air that generates crackling sounds. so other parties in the call hear my airpod pro audio is bad, or when I make a audio recording from my airpod pro on the macbook air I confirmed the airpod pro microphone is bad.

using the iPhone 11in combination with the same airpod pro is working just fine for speaking or hearing audio

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 8, 2020 9:54 PM in response to Alvaroh2020

The thing is I do not hear myself any crackling sound in the airpods while talking as audio playback is good.

It’s only the Airpod pro microphone recording connected via the macbook air that generates crackling sounds. so other parties in the call hear my airpod pro audio is bad, or when I make a audio recording from my airpod pro on the macbook air I confirmed the airpod pro microphone is bad.

using the iPhone 11in combination with the same airpod pro is working just fine for speaking or hearing audio

Jul 9, 2020 3:27 AM in response to QuickPost

I have the same problem. When you restart the problem disappear for several weeks and then comes back. The apple support have no concrete answer. They let you switch it of. Problem disappear and then they can do the testing if it is a hardware of software issue. Im disappointed in it. If it fails during an important meeting

Jul 8, 2020 2:38 PM in response to Yeti007

Hi. I have the same problem with cracking noise in the right AirPod. I tried to connect them to other iPhone and.. surprise !!! They worked perfectly..

I don’t know/ however o contacted technical service here in Argentina and they’ll try to fix it/. Keep you posted/

there are a few tips for this kind of problem, I can’t understand that the only way to solve this problem be changing the device/.

My Airpods Pro microphone generate crackling sound when used with latest 2020 Macbook Air. Works well with iPhone 11!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.