Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I-Phone SE 2020 ---- video recording format

Hello,

I recorded a series of videos on my phone and most were recorded in .mp4 format.

However, 2 videos were recorded in .mov format.

My preference is for .mp4 and I'm not sure how / why the 2 were recorded this way.

1) Can you please explain so that this does not happen again?

2) Can you recommend an easy way to convert from .mov to .mp4 if I'm on PC? I tried to download Quicktime for my PC (Windows 10) but it didn't work.

Thank you in advance!

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 3:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 3:57 AM

Know it here --> Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices - Apple Support

An extract from the above article

"On some older devices, support for HEVC is affected by the resolution and frame rate (fps) of the video. Resolutions of 1080p or lower and frame rates of 60 fps or lower are more broadly compatible with older devices. To reduce the resolution and frame rate that your capture device uses for recording video, go to Settings > Camera > Record Video, as well as Settings > Camera > Record Slo-mo. "

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2020 3:57 AM in response to Fruitful20

Know it here --> Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices - Apple Support

An extract from the above article

"On some older devices, support for HEVC is affected by the resolution and frame rate (fps) of the video. Resolutions of 1080p or lower and frame rates of 60 fps or lower are more broadly compatible with older devices. To reduce the resolution and frame rate that your capture device uses for recording video, go to Settings > Camera > Record Video, as well as Settings > Camera > Record Slo-mo. "

I-Phone SE 2020 ---- video recording format

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.