Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i get the email address only for the previous owner of an iphone so as to remove the icloud lock

I received an iphone 6 from a buddy but after updating it i got the Activation Lock. I've tried to contact the previous owner and to no success. My question is, can I get the email address that was linked to the iphone just to send him a message of the activation lock.

iPhone 6

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 3:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 8:11 AM

See Turn off Activation Lock https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201441. Since you acquired the device second hand, apparently from an individual, If you cannot contact the prior owner, the device is useless to you.

3 replies

Can i get the email address only for the previous owner of an iphone so as to remove the icloud lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.