Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple pay not working

I have set up my credit card in Apple Pay but since April, it is not working. They ask for verification, I enter what they ask for and the same notice appears “this card can’t be verified”, yet Apple charges are coming off the statement of same credit card every month for other transactions.

iPhone X

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 8:20 AM

9 replies

Jul 8, 2020 9:46 AM in response to askbarnabas

Sorry, that didn’t work either. For further explanation, my credit card is updated and issued from a US credit card company with A US billing address.

I am a US citizen living outside the country 8 months a year, and have been using Apple Pay in both counties without any problems for the last 17 years.

Apple automatically deducts yearly charges on the same card, not through Apple Pay, but directly to this same credit card company. Therefore I’m puzzled that they will accept my credit card directly, but not through Apple Pay. As I said earlier, I got an email just now saying I’m all set to use Apple Pay.

And I looked in Settings under my name, but there is nowhere that I can see a tab for Location. I do see my cell number is the local one I use outside of the US. But surely that can’t be the issue.

apple pay not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.