Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I play a dvd with my IPAD

iPad, iOS 11

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 9:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 9:39 AM

iPad does not support connection to any form of optical media device. As such, you cannot directly play DVD disks on your iPad.

If you have the means to legally “rip” optical media, you may be able to transfer video media using iTunes to your iPad. Alternatively, media can be downloaded or streamed from various sources, such as Apple iTunes or Amazon.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2020 9:39 AM in response to penny0123

iPad does not support connection to any form of optical media device. As such, you cannot directly play DVD disks on your iPad.

If you have the means to legally “rip” optical media, you may be able to transfer video media using iTunes to your iPad. Alternatively, media can be downloaded or streamed from various sources, such as Apple iTunes or Amazon.

Jul 8, 2020 9:47 AM in response to penny0123

You can't.

You can sync digital movie/TV and other video content from iTunes or purchase such content from Apple's iTunes store.

There is no procedural discussion about any DVD/Blu-ray content “ripping”, but that is another way to proceed.

You will have to do your own research on this.

No one here can help you!

Best of Luck to You!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.