Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have Spectrum and Apple TV. Watching the news on nbc. Program went off and a message said AFE 1004 code. I have not had tv since Friday and spectrum can’t help me. I still get the Netflix etc.

I have Apple TV and spectrum. While watching tv the program went off and it said code AFE 1004. Spectrum said not their problem. Call apple

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 1:11 PM

The Spectrum app is giving an error, so Spectrum should at least be able to help you diagnose it.

xFE-1004 is listed as “Check Connection”, where the first letter stands for a specific device; probably A for Apple TV box.

It probably means that the app suspects that it isn’t connected to the internet.

If other apps connect to internet just fine, then reset the app:

• Force-close the app, then relaunch and try again.
  • If the issue persists, delete the app, re-download from the App Store and try again.
  • If the issue still persists, then you did all you could, and then Spectrum will have to fix their app.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2020 1:11 PM in response to Dottiestu

The Spectrum app is giving an error, so Spectrum should at least be able to help you diagnose it.

xFE-1004 is listed as “Check Connection”, where the first letter stands for a specific device; probably A for Apple TV box.

It probably means that the app suspects that it isn’t connected to the internet.

If other apps connect to internet just fine, then reset the app:

• Force-close the app, then relaunch and try again.
  • If the issue persists, delete the app, re-download from the App Store and try again.
  • If the issue still persists, then you did all you could, and then Spectrum will have to fix their app.

I have Spectrum and Apple TV. Watching the news on nbc. Program went off and a message said AFE 1004 code. I have not had tv since Friday and spectrum can’t help me. I still get the Netflix etc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.