You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music not showing Artist thumbnails on my Mac but shows on other devices.

Please I need some help with this issue that is bothering me for a long time.

On a previews install, my Library was already Sync.

Now am using a fresh install of Catalina and copied my Music Library from a backup.

Even before, all my artist thumbnail were not showing on my Imac but I could see it on my Iphone, Ipad and even on my MacBook Pro.

How can I have the Artist thumbnail to show on my Imac ? What did I do wrong or how can I fix this issue ?

And this is on my Iphone

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 3:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 1:18 PM

Hello, saulera.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

From reading your post, your artists thumbnails aren't appearing on your iMac. We'd like to help. Make sure that you're using the latest version of macOS Catalina: How to update the software on your Mac

Are you currently using Apple Music?

Pull up the artwork tab by using CMD + I function or as shown in this article: Add artwork to content in Music on Mac

If this appears, try these steps to see if it helps:

Drag the artwork from the window to off of the window and then back into the window to reapply, if this works, you'll need to do it for all albums affected.

If missing artwork does not appear in the Artwork tab, try File > Library to get album artwork.

Keep us updated.

Cheers!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 13, 2020 1:18 PM in response to saulera

Hello, saulera.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

From reading your post, your artists thumbnails aren't appearing on your iMac. We'd like to help. Make sure that you're using the latest version of macOS Catalina: How to update the software on your Mac

Are you currently using Apple Music?

Pull up the artwork tab by using CMD + I function or as shown in this article: Add artwork to content in Music on Mac

If this appears, try these steps to see if it helps:

Drag the artwork from the window to off of the window and then back into the window to reapply, if this works, you'll need to do it for all albums affected.

If missing artwork does not appear in the Artwork tab, try File > Library to get album artwork.

Keep us updated.

Cheers!

Music not showing Artist thumbnails on my Mac but shows on other devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.