Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display really dark when starting with True Tone active and starts normal when not active

as Mentioned in title of this post with True tone active when starting up computer from scratch or sleep screeen is dark and as soon as I deactivate True Tone the display brightness up and than I can reactivate True tone. If I leave True Tone off display works normal.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 4:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 1:18 PM

Hello Steve Herrman,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your question that when turning on your device with True Tone, the display is dark. We can certainly help you with this!

This article will be a good resource for you. It will walk you through the necessary steps to resolve the question.

If your Mac display is dark

We hope this is able to resolve your issue. If you have any more questions or this does not resolve your issue, please reach back out on the thread!

Cheers.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2020 1:18 PM in response to Steve Herrman

Hello Steve Herrman,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your question that when turning on your device with True Tone, the display is dark. We can certainly help you with this!

This article will be a good resource for you. It will walk you through the necessary steps to resolve the question.

If your Mac display is dark

We hope this is able to resolve your issue. If you have any more questions or this does not resolve your issue, please reach back out on the thread!

Cheers.

Jul 13, 2020 4:26 PM in response to ryane77

I have tried all things suggested by Apple and still the com[puter would be dark on start up. I have narrowed down the problem. I first turned on automatic login (which disables Touch ID) and everything works normal Auto adjust brightness, Tru Tone checked on night shift enabled) but when I disable automatic login and turn on Touch Id Wuth Tru Tone checked the computer starts darker so if I uncheck Tru Tone the computer will work right. So on my machine I can either disable Touch ID or use Touch ID without Tru Tone. So what would the community suggest.

Display really dark when starting with True Tone active and starts normal when not active

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.