Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to connect Bluetooth Speakers to my MacBook?

How to connect bluetooth speakers to my 2016 MacBook if they don't show up in the bluetooth window? I did everything I knew to do to try to connect them unsuccessfully. The speaker is an Ultimate Ears MegaBlast bluetooth speaker and they connect to my iPhone but won't show up in the Bluetooth menu on the MacBook. Is there any way to bluetooth it?

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 4:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 12:40 PM

You might need to put the speaker in "pairing mode". This allows other Bluetooth devices, such as your Mac, to discover the speaker.

From what I found online, make sure that the speaker is powered off. Then, press and hold the power button (the light should blink rapidly). Check your Mac to see if the speaker pops up in the Bluetooth preferences window (System Preferences -> Bluetooth).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2020 12:40 PM in response to 75Pauline

You might need to put the speaker in "pairing mode". This allows other Bluetooth devices, such as your Mac, to discover the speaker.

From what I found online, make sure that the speaker is powered off. Then, press and hold the power button (the light should blink rapidly). Check your Mac to see if the speaker pops up in the Bluetooth preferences window (System Preferences -> Bluetooth).

Is there a way to connect Bluetooth Speakers to my MacBook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.