Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Digital Crown not working

I have a similar question to one already answered, but the suggested solution is not working. After having my watch for about a week, it suddenly displayed, "turn digital crown to unlock and eject water." Though there was an electrical storm (thunder and lightening) this evening, I wasn't even in the rain, but back to the subject. I tried pushing in and turning the Digital Crown, and I tried NOT pushing in and turning the Digital Crown, then I tried turning the Digital Crown slowly and then rapidly. Nothing is working. I tried forcing the watch to turn off by pressing both the Digital Crown and the side button. Though it did go blank, it immediately came back on displaying the apple and then booting on up with the same message. I have taken the watch off and put it in a bag of rice??? I know, this all sounds crazy, but I find it VERY frustrating to be having technical problems with this watch after only a weeks use. Can anyone help out with this most frustrating problem?

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 6

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 7:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 11:26 AM

No nothing else is required once water lock is turned off.

Water lock doesn't seal the watch in any way,it's sole purpose is to prevent accidental screen touches from the water.

Your watch will stay water resistant as long as you turn the water lock off to eject any water that might have got in.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2020 11:26 AM in response to cdallabetta

No nothing else is required once water lock is turned off.

Water lock doesn't seal the watch in any way,it's sole purpose is to prevent accidental screen touches from the water.

Your watch will stay water resistant as long as you turn the water lock off to eject any water that might have got in.

Jul 9, 2020 11:02 AM in response to Community User

FieryJack

Thank you for the potential solution. I’m not near my watch right now, but I’ll definitely try this when I get home. I put my watch in a bag of rice overnight, and this morning it appeared to be working. Difficult to understand how it might have gotten water into it. I’ve taken it into the shower and swimming, but it was evening when it showed this message and I hadn’t been near water since showering that morning. I’m thinking maybe the bumper guard created a place for even a drop of water to sit and hurt it. Thank you again! 👍🏼

Digital Crown not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.