Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can the back up be encrypted? I’m trying to install Norton-Lifelock and it requires me to encrypt my backups.

See above

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 8:19 AM

Encrypt your backups

On a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes. Connect your device to your computer with the included USB cable. Then locate your device on your computer. From the General tab or the Summary tab, select "Encrypt local backup" under the Backups section.

About encrypted backups on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2020 8:19 AM in response to bernita96

Encrypt your backups

On a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes. Connect your device to your computer with the included USB cable. Then locate your device on your computer. From the General tab or the Summary tab, select "Encrypt local backup" under the Backups section.

About encrypted backups on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

Jul 9, 2020 9:31 AM in response to bernita96

Avoid anything by Norton on your computer. It's not necessary and Norton also has a long history of messing up Macs.

LifeLock also has a long history of exposing customer data. They are preying on your fears to sell you a service you probably don't need.

Effective defenses against malware and ot… - Apple Community

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2018/07/lifelock-bug-exposed-millions-of-customer-email-addresses/

Can the back up be encrypted? I’m trying to install Norton-Lifelock and it requires me to encrypt my backups.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.