Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading music

I am trying to sync music to my iTunes library I put CDs in my CD player in it does not sync I hit sink and it doesn’t sync the music isn’t transferring from my iTunes to my library what am I doing wrong I’ve had several people try to figure this out

iPod, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 12:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 6:22 AM

A CD has to be imported into your iTunes Library first, before you can Sync that music to an iPod, or iPhone etc.

Once iTunes sees a CD that you've put into the CD player drawer, what happens then depends upon the setting you have in iTunes. It may simply play the CD. The Sync button is irrelevant until you import the CD.

What happens when iTunes sees the CD?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2020 6:22 AM in response to Montana1987

A CD has to be imported into your iTunes Library first, before you can Sync that music to an iPod, or iPhone etc.

Once iTunes sees a CD that you've put into the CD player drawer, what happens then depends upon the setting you have in iTunes. It may simply play the CD. The Sync button is irrelevant until you import the CD.

What happens when iTunes sees the CD?

Downloading music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.