Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does an iphone Xr user (second hand) without origional purchase receipt is eligible to get benefits of warranty which is still valid?

Hi, hope this message finds you in good health, My iphone XR which I bought few

months ago from one of my known person is not catching sim card signals, I used

it so far with the same mobile carrier/sim card, it was working perfectly but

from last month it went wrong, Previously I talked with one of your agent , I

did exactly same things as the agent guided to make it work well, but it was

not successful, the agent took my postal address and suggested to visit the

apple store to change the device. Now before travelling to the apple store city

near me I want to make sure that apple store will handle the case without original

purchase receipt, since the person from whom i got this device said, he does not have origional purchase receipt, because it was a gift, he said, I believed the person, though I made a paper contract with him that from now on I am the owner of this phone. The iphone has valid warranty till

October 2020. Can you tell me now that apple store will handle this case

without receipt? and the answer i will get here is from apple agent or from any apple user? just want to make sure that the reply is authentic :)

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 1:09 PM

are you and apple support agent?

It has warranty, and i see another reply somewhere in FAQs, the warranty is of device, not of the person so it could be valid, i am asking to make it sure before travelling to another city for apple store

Similar questions

6 replies

Does an iphone Xr user (second hand) without origional purchase receipt is eligible to get benefits of warranty which is still valid?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.