Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External microphone not connecting to MacBook Pro

Hello!

I have a 2017 MacBook Pro. I've started running a podcast, and on top of that I also make videos, so I have a Rode Videomic Go for both of those.

I attempted earlier to connect my microphone to my Mac's headphone jack, but it didn't work. I ended up doing some research online, and found multiple Apple communities saying to get the USBC to 3.5 mm adapter for my Mac, which I did. It just came today, and I immediately plugged it and the microphone into my computer.

I went to my system preferences, and went to change the microphone from internal to external. However, it is not working. I know both the mic and the USBC are securely plugged in but it's not working at all.

I was wondering if there's something I did wrong, if it's the wrong adapter, what happened basically. I'm still going to use the adapter even if it's the wrong one, but I need to know if I need to buy another one. Thank you.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 1:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 5:59 PM

Open Audio Midi Setup & see if you can add it there.

2 replies

External microphone not connecting to MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.