Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote Presentations in Zoom

I've found two solutions for Keynote presentations in Zoom - sounds like several folks have posted here about wanting to combine Keynote with Zoom. In the first, you can show your slides. In the second solution below, you can run your Keynote presentation inside Zoom.

1) If you have Keynote versions up through 10.0, you can't run Keynote in Zoom but you can show slides. The easiest solution I've found is to export my Keynote to PDF and, when doing so, selecting the "builds" option. Now I can show my entire presentation within Zoom by doing a share screen with the PDF. While this does lose the transitions and animations, you can show your full presentation, bullet by bullet in the sequence you've set up.

2) With version 10.1 of Keynote, Apple has now made it possible to run Keynote presentations within Zoom! Hooray! This runs the presentation in all its glory, with every beautiful slide transition, animation, and video - you're showing the full Keynote experience within Zoom.

• Launch Keynote.
  • In Keynote's Play menu, select "Play Slideshow in Window."
    • I resize the window to remove all the black areas around my presentation.
  • Now open up Zoom.
  • Select "Share Screen"
    • Make sure to click the "Optimize Screen Share for Video Clip" if you have videos and animations in your Keynote 10.1 file, and then
  • Click the blue "Share" button.

Voila! You're in business.

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 9:43 PM

This is definitely a step in the right direction for Apple with Keynote, but...how do you display Presenter View while showing the presentation in a window for Zoom??

My workaround (which is actually remarkably functional, although I wish I didn't have to do it), doesn't even require the new window-capable update in 10.1 Here's what I do: I have a large external monitor connected to my MacBook Pro. I run Zoom on the external monitor, share the screen of the MacBook Pro with Zoom, and then run the Keynote presentation from the external monitor. That gives the audience the full screen presentation being shared, and gives me the full screen Presenter View on my external monitor. So far so good, right? The only thing missing is that now I can't see my audience! That's because Presenter View takes over the entire screen, blocking the Zoom window(s). So how do I solve this last little problem? Easy! I log into my meeting with a second Zoom account from my iPad Mini, which I drape over the top of my external monitor using the nifty Apple cover for the iPad :-)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2020 9:43 PM in response to LearningAgent

This is definitely a step in the right direction for Apple with Keynote, but...how do you display Presenter View while showing the presentation in a window for Zoom??

My workaround (which is actually remarkably functional, although I wish I didn't have to do it), doesn't even require the new window-capable update in 10.1 Here's what I do: I have a large external monitor connected to my MacBook Pro. I run Zoom on the external monitor, share the screen of the MacBook Pro with Zoom, and then run the Keynote presentation from the external monitor. That gives the audience the full screen presentation being shared, and gives me the full screen Presenter View on my external monitor. So far so good, right? The only thing missing is that now I can't see my audience! That's because Presenter View takes over the entire screen, blocking the Zoom window(s). So how do I solve this last little problem? Easy! I log into my meeting with a second Zoom account from my iPad Mini, which I drape over the top of my external monitor using the nifty Apple cover for the iPad :-)

Jul 23, 2020 11:08 AM in response to LearningAgent

I don't know if others have had this issue, but if I'm presenting, and have to "mute" for any reason, I have not been able to use the direction arrows, and the only command available is to click the left bottom of the slide to go forward. However, there is NO WAY to go back. I am imagining that others find this obvious, but I just found (by accident) that the problem is that after you click the mute button on ZOOM, it seems that you have actually exited from Keynote. I found that by clicking the top white bar at the top of the current slide, where you see the name of the file, I'm back in Keynote, and I'm again back to being able to use the arrow keys. Again, this really is pretty much "well duh" and it makes perfect sense and I should have realized what was happening, but just in case others have experienced this as well, I offer up my enlightened experience.

Keynote Presentations in Zoom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.