Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 iphones, 2 different Apple ID's = somehow linked to each other

I looked at some issues that people wrote about like 7 years ago, and I haven't seen the answer to my issue...

I have 2 different iphones (1 personal and 1 work) with 2 different Apple ID's. When certain people facetime me through my personal phone# it shows up on my work phone at the same time. Yesterday I called a friend of mine and they said that the caller ID was my company's name (this is on my personal phone).

I have signed out from my personal phone and signed back in (again, these are 2 different Apple IDs); when my Mom facetimes my personal phone after trying the sign out-sign in, it didn't change, the same thing is happening - the facetime is calling on both phones.

I did check the settings - none of the phones share any # or any emails, not even same payments. My phone carriers are completely different.

Can anyone help me with this?

iPhone 11

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 6:04 PM

Handoff and Allow Calls on Other Devices work only within the same Apple ID, so we can eliminate these as possible causes.

Please check, again if necessary, these Settings:

• Phone > Call Forwarding > should be OFF
  • Messages > Text Message Forwarding > turn off what doesn't belong
  • Face Time > delete any numbers or emails related to the other account.

Can't think of anything else, other than perhaps you have call forwarding set up at your cellular provider settings when you log into your account via a web browser .

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2020 6:04 PM in response to ChiSam3

Handoff and Allow Calls on Other Devices work only within the same Apple ID, so we can eliminate these as possible causes.

Please check, again if necessary, these Settings:

• Phone > Call Forwarding > should be OFF
  • Messages > Text Message Forwarding > turn off what doesn't belong
  • Face Time > delete any numbers or emails related to the other account.

Can't think of anything else, other than perhaps you have call forwarding set up at your cellular provider settings when you log into your account via a web browser .

2 iphones, 2 different Apple ID's = somehow linked to each other

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.