Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPod Pro charging case not working.

Hi, my AirPods Pro charging case seems to be broken. It only charges my AirPods when the case is on charge, and if I open the case while it’s charging to check the battery, and then unplug it, the light on the front completely goes off and the case disappears from the battery status and it’s as if the AirPods are out of their case and don’t charge. I don’t think it’s a software issue as the light on the front doesn’t turn on at all once it’s unplugged and it’s as if the case is dead. At the moment, the only way to charge my AirPods is to always have the case on charge.

iPhone XR, 14

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 1:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 2:16 PM

Hey there AirPodsPro1234,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand your AirPods Pro case is not charging as expected. We’ll be happy to help.

If you’ve tried charging your AirPods Pro case from more than one power source and cable but the issue is still occurring, there is probably a hardware issue that require service. Reach out to them at this link to look into your service options:

Contact Apple Support

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2020 2:16 PM in response to AirPodsPro1234

Hey there AirPodsPro1234,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand your AirPods Pro case is not charging as expected. We’ll be happy to help.

If you’ve tried charging your AirPods Pro case from more than one power source and cable but the issue is still occurring, there is probably a hardware issue that require service. Reach out to them at this link to look into your service options:

Contact Apple Support

Take care.

AirPod Pro charging case not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.