Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks import to Pages - Why have Apple killed the iBook?

With the update I now have the option to import my .iba files from iBooks Author into Pages to edit. However doing so kills my iBook. So many features from Ibook Author are missing, and importing destroys formatting of Chapters and Pages.

There are SO MANY features missing, I cannot see why Apple thought this was a good idea.

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 6:14 AM

6 replies

Jul 10, 2020 8:01 AM in response to KarlBundy

We are fellow users and neither Apple nor the Pages product team participates here. They certainly do not share their internal product decisions with us, so why questions are pointless here.

Did you really believe that Apple would somehow stuff all of iBooks Author functionality into Pages? They may not be done yet with the iBooks Author feature migration, as future updates may (or may not) provide additional functionality. Here is Apple's article for Pages 10.1, Import your iBooks Author book into Pages for Mac

Jul 10, 2020 9:45 AM in response to KarlBundy

Just because that article says "You can continue to use iBooks Author on macOS 10.15 and earlier" does mean that it won't continue to work in Big Sur & even later OSes. I think it is likely you will continue to be able to use it to create books since it is a 64-bit application. The only concern I would have is the ability to publish new books to Apple Books. Only time will tell.

iBooks import to Pages - Why have Apple killed the iBook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.