Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Premium Support Tech scam

I have received an invoice that my 1year term PC protection plan with Premium Tech Support has been renewed for 2 years for $499.99 I don't recall renewing it. What should I do?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 8:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 8:31 AM

Contact your credit card company and dispute the charge if there actually is a charge. These solicitations are always a scam. You were wise not to allow them access to your computer. If you gave them your credit card information cancel your card.

4 replies

Jul 10, 2020 9:00 AM in response to manminder80

One of the newer scams we are seeing reported here are alleged tech support company listings on popular search sites that spoof official Apple Inc. support.

Instead of going to Apple.com to get a phone number, people search for the Apple support number on a search engine (for the life of me I don't understand why!). They end up talking to some criminal who gets the callers' login, passwords and credit card numbers. Maybe their shoe size as well.

The dest defense against internet fraud lies between our ears.

Premium Support Tech scam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.