Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ios 13.5.1 sms notifications in wrong language -iphone 11 pro max

Hello,

I've yesterday purchased a new iphone pro max with ios 13.

recently updated it to 13.5.1 and noticed that when i receive a sms at lock screen, notification is in english not matter which language is phone set.

I used to face this issue with older iphones, it's interesting to see that problem still persists.

I've looked through the communtiy and see that this problem occurs in different languages ( german, spanish, mandarin across globe)

I did restart, a forced restart and fress install of ios latest version via itunes.

Is it a bug if so why only appears on particular phones?

Very dissappointing to face with an awkward issue with € 1000 phone.

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 8:30 AM

4 replies

Jul 12, 2020 12:04 PM in response to Ncapar

Delete all keyboards, calendars,, timezones, date, close location in privacy settings. and hours and restore to icloud.

delete iphone to fabric settings, install with your timezone settings, for your data you can restore from icloud, this is how it is solved.

seems like at some point phone refers to other country or place because of something.

to clean messed up mind.

i ve seen it in another post.

Ios 13.5.1 sms notifications in wrong language -iphone 11 pro max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.