Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer my information to new iPad

I bought a new iPad and want to transfer my apps and information.

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 8:46 AM

Both the devices ( old and new ) have to be connected to the internet. You need to be logged in with your apple id on the old device and back up your device. After this you can power on the new device and follow the on screen steps.

If the old device is not that old and supports it, you can also put the device next to the new one and choose to transfer the data from one to another directly. :)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2020 8:46 AM in response to Icequeeen87

Both the devices ( old and new ) have to be connected to the internet. You need to be logged in with your apple id on the old device and back up your device. After this you can power on the new device and follow the on screen steps.

If the old device is not that old and supports it, you can also put the device next to the new one and choose to transfer the data from one to another directly. :)

How do I transfer my information to new iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.