Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SIM card not fitting in new iPhone

I am trying to transfer my SIM card from my 6plus to my new11 but it doesn't seem to fit. I don't want to force it and risk damaging the SIM. Needless to say I don't have a usable phone and cannot seem to find a way to chat with a live agent.

iPhone 11

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 9:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 9:55 AM

Hey Again ... I figured it out ! :) There is corner after-all ! It's not as easy to see as the 6plus tray. I actually had the SIM in upside down :( ... (insert embarrassed face here) ... I have suggested to Apple that a picture diagram directed to the lay person would save some time and frustration.

Thanks again for your response; just having someone to bounce it off of can be of great assistance and you clearly have knowledge of the product.

cheers!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2020 9:55 AM in response to Phil0124

Hey Again ... I figured it out ! :) There is corner after-all ! It's not as easy to see as the 6plus tray. I actually had the SIM in upside down :( ... (insert embarrassed face here) ... I have suggested to Apple that a picture diagram directed to the lay person would save some time and frustration.

Thanks again for your response; just having someone to bounce it off of can be of great assistance and you clearly have knowledge of the product.

cheers!

Jul 10, 2020 9:46 AM in response to Phil0124

Hi Phil, thanks so much for responding.

The tray for the 11 is different in that it doesn't have a distinct corner to show the placement of the SIM. I used the logical match first and it didn't fit snuggly so tried a different position. Either way it doesn't slip smoothly into place the way other SIMs have (this is not my first transfer) ... basically when I slide the tray in the SIM pushes out.

I've already checked out the link, it doesn't answer the question :(

I'm concerned about how much force to use to click it into place - I'm just concerned about damaging the SIM.

Jul 10, 2020 9:34 AM in response to TheRealCopper

The iPhone 6plus and iPhone 11 use the same sized sim card.

How is it not fitting? You just put it in the sim tray and insert the sim tray into the iPhone.

What exactly happens when you try to insert the sim?

See here for details: Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Make sure you don't use the sim tray from the iPhone 6 in the iPhone 11. Each iPhone has its own sim tray, and they cannot be changed. Just move the actual sim card from one tray to the other.

SIM card not fitting in new iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.