Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfering data to my new iphone.

I just bought a new iphone XS. The new phone is running ios 13.5.1 . I want to transfer my data from my older iphone 7 to my new one. The problem is that my older phone is already running ios 13.6 . I cant update my new phone to ios 13.6 . What can i do?

iPhone XS

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 12:49 PM

I had the same issue when I got my iPhone XS in January 2019 when I upgraded from my iPhone 7. What you can do is just go through the setup process on iPhone XS without entering any of your information and update the phone like you normally would to iOS 13.6. After that's done go to the erase and restore option in settings and it'll get you back to the initial set up screen where you can transfer all your data from your iPhone 7 over.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2020 12:49 PM in response to Maurisvl1

I had the same issue when I got my iPhone XS in January 2019 when I upgraded from my iPhone 7. What you can do is just go through the setup process on iPhone XS without entering any of your information and update the phone like you normally would to iOS 13.6. After that's done go to the erase and restore option in settings and it'll get you back to the initial set up screen where you can transfer all your data from your iPhone 7 over.

Transfering data to my new iphone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.