Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ColorSync Utility > Devices > Displays = has no Color LCD (NEED URGENT HELP WITH THIS)

So I mistakenly deleted some integral parts of my MacBook's Library from Terminal (With Sudo integrated OmniDiskSweeper) because I initially wanted to free up some space, which turns out has the ICC profile(s) stored there.

I didn't know if removing those ICCs will affect my screen. I have asked some of my Mac user friends to click on Command + Space to type ColorSync Utility, told them to click Devices then Displays---AND ALL OF THEM WOULD HAVE Color LCD stored meanwhile mine is gone and the screen gets more blue (Not warm, and it fatigues the eyes honestly).

I would really appreciate it if you guys could help me out with this. I just need to get that Color LCD back on my Mac so the screen would be bearable to look at as usual.

Below are two examples of my friend's MacBooks. Their screens are fine, not that tiring to be looked at. At the drop down button/bullet when clicking Displays they have Color LCD on Display, Mode and current profile.

Now this one below is mine.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 10:41 AM

3 replies

ColorSync Utility > Devices > Displays = has no Color LCD (NEED URGENT HELP WITH THIS)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.