Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem sending email

It seems when I try to send email from an icloud.com mail email address that people are not receiving them. Comcast is my Internet service provider. What are the proper outgoing mail settings for icloud.com email accounts? If I use my comcast.ner email, mail seems to work. If I use an icloud.com email address, people do not receive them. I am stumped.

Perhaps I should delete icloud account and re-install.

Any other ideas?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 9:33 AM

I deleted and re-installed my iCloud account from my MacBook and the problem was corrected. I suspect that the outgoing mail server settings were not correct prior to re-installing iCloud. I was receiving iCloud emails, but I could not send them beyond my network.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2020 9:33 AM in response to cmatt3

I deleted and re-installed my iCloud account from my MacBook and the problem was corrected. I suspect that the outgoing mail server settings were not correct prior to re-installing iCloud. I was receiving iCloud emails, but I could not send them beyond my network.

Jul 10, 2020 4:25 PM in response to Ronasara

From my Macbook Mail the outgoing mail server for my icoud email is going out to comcast. If I have it going out through iCloud it tells me the server is not working and to try another server, so I change to comcast and it is sent. However, no one gets it except for my wife who is on my home network. If I use my comcast email everything seems to work as expected.

Jul 10, 2020 5:42 PM in response to Ronasara

Ronasara wrote:

Comcast email can forward email to another email address (Comcast or other) if you set it up to do so. Otherwise, no.

I was not talking about forwarding I was talking about relaying. Relaying is when you use an email server to send email from another email account. So for example you are trying to send a hotmail account email through a comcast email server. Most email servers do not allow this because it is a method used by spammers. Even more simple, if you try to send an email from you@someserver.invalid while logged into your hotmail account through the comcast smtp server it will not go, it will be blocked by comcast because you are relaying email.

More info about relaying: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_mail_relay

Problem sending email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.