Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off pictures from auto saving into my camera roll from my iMessages?

How do I turn off pictures from auto saving into my camera roll from my iMessages? It saves every photo I take in an iMessage 👎🏼

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 2:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 7:07 AM

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities, Rkk2224!

That's a great question you have about how to stop photos that you take in Messages from automatically saving to your camera roll. At this time, it's not possible to turn off the option to save the photos when you take them within Messages. We recommend you check out this link to Product Feedback and submit feedback directly to Apple for features you'd like to see in the future.

Thanks again for the question and take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2020 7:07 AM in response to Rkk2224

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities, Rkk2224!

That's a great question you have about how to stop photos that you take in Messages from automatically saving to your camera roll. At this time, it's not possible to turn off the option to save the photos when you take them within Messages. We recommend you check out this link to Product Feedback and submit feedback directly to Apple for features you'd like to see in the future.

Thanks again for the question and take care!

How do I turn off pictures from auto saving into my camera roll from my iMessages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.