Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage all of a sudden showing full

My storage Was showing full and as I was deleting photos and videos and apps my other file kept growing larger. I cannot access photos now. iPhone 6s

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 6:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 9:40 PM

Note that when you delete photos and videos they go to a 'Recently Deleted' album. You may also need to clear them out from this album.

If a forced restart doesn't clear up some 'other' data

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

Unfortunately the only other way I've found that works is to backup your phone, reset to factory settings (erases your device), and restore from that backup

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2020 9:40 PM in response to pretem

Note that when you delete photos and videos they go to a 'Recently Deleted' album. You may also need to clear them out from this album.

If a forced restart doesn't clear up some 'other' data

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

Unfortunately the only other way I've found that works is to backup your phone, reset to factory settings (erases your device), and restore from that backup

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Storage all of a sudden showing full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.