Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 7 Installation to Boot Camp Partition (Mojave 10.14.5)

Hello fellow Users!

I'm seeking guidance--or references to materials outlining--how best to install Windows 7 to a Boot Camp partition on a recently installed internal 2TB SSD in my late-2012 iMac.

Notes and clarifications:

• I'm running (and want to maintain use of) OSX Mojave 10.14.5
  • It appears that Mojave 10.14.5's Boot Camp Assistant (v6.1.0) is geared for Windows 10
  • The SSD Boot Camp partition on the internal SSD is sized at 150 GB
  • At the moment, the SSD Boot Camp partition is NTFS formatted and my Windows 7 system and data was cloned to it via WinClone (88 GB used). However, the partition does not boot properly when it is selected at startup or when using VMware Fusion
  • I have the original Windows 7 installation CD
  • The old/replaced internal 1TB HD (with intact Boot Camp partition w/ Windows 7) is now connected to my iMac via a USB/SATA Cable
  • I'd ultimately like to continue using VMware Fusion once Windows 7 is properly installed

* I've been unsuccessful in using WinClone to clone my original "HD" Boot Camp (Windows 7) partition to the new internal SSD Boot Camp partition, so while I try to work through that approach with TwoCanoes, I'm simultaneously exploring alternatives for a clean (non-cloned) Windows 7 install.

Do I have options to use the current or a previous version of Boot Camp Assistant for the Windows 7 installation? Or is a "manual" installation to the NTFS partition advised? Are there other approaches worth considering? I'm really open to all options at this point.

Please let me know if you have more questions, and thanks in advance for the feedback!

-jponeill4

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 12:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 5:57 AM

jponeill4 wrote:

Hello fellow Users!

I'm seeking guidance--or references to materials outlining--how best to install Windows 7 to a Boot Camp partition on a recently installed internal 2TB SSD in my late-2012 iMac• .

I'm running (and want to maintain use of) OSX Mojave 10.14.5
• It appears that Mojave 10.14.5's Boot Camp Assistant (v6.1.0) is geared for Windows 10
• At the moment, the SSD Boot Camp partition is NTFS formatted and my Windows 7 system and data was cloned to it via WinClone (88 GB used). However, the partition does not boot properly when it is selected at startup or when using VMware Fusion
• The old/replaced internal 1TB HD (with intact Boot Camp partition w/ Windows 7) is now connected to my iMac via a USB/SATA Cable
• I'd ultimately like to continue using VMware Fusion once Windows 7 is properly installed

* I've been unsuccessful in using WinClone to clone my original "HD" Boot Camp (Windows 7) partition to the new internal SSD Boot Camp partition, so while I try to work through that approach with TwoCanoes, I'm simultaneously exploring alternatives for a clean (non-cloned) Windows 7 install.

Do I have options to use the current or a previous version of Boot Camp Assistant for the Windows 7 installation? Or is a "manual" installation to the NTFS partition advised? Are there other approaches worth considering? I'm really open to all options at this point.

Please let me know if you have more questions, and thanks in advance for the feedback!
-jponeill4

Windows 7 (?)

System requirements to install Windows using Boot Camp for macOS

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204048

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2020 5:57 AM in response to jponeill4

jponeill4 wrote:

Hello fellow Users!

I'm seeking guidance--or references to materials outlining--how best to install Windows 7 to a Boot Camp partition on a recently installed internal 2TB SSD in my late-2012 iMac• .

I'm running (and want to maintain use of) OSX Mojave 10.14.5

-jponeill4

Windows 7 (?)

System requirements to install Windows using Boot Camp for macOS

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204048

Windows 7 Installation to Boot Camp Partition (Mojave 10.14.5)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.