Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FileVault

hello i have a problem i wanted to turn off the filevault and then it showed me some code to type later when it's all over but i didn't paint that code i just ignored how to stop encrypting help me thank you

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 4:25 PM

If you go to the Filevault System Preferences and it still shows Filevault encrypting, then you just have to wait for it to finish since there is no way to stop or interrupt the process. Make sure the laptop is plugged into the charger since the encryption process is paused when using the laptop on battery power.

I don't know why you would want to disable Filevault as it protects your personal information if the laptop is lost or stolen.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2020 4:25 PM in response to slobodan16

If you go to the Filevault System Preferences and it still shows Filevault encrypting, then you just have to wait for it to finish since there is no way to stop or interrupt the process. Make sure the laptop is plugged into the charger since the encryption process is paused when using the laptop on battery power.

I don't know why you would want to disable Filevault as it protects your personal information if the laptop is lost or stolen.

FileVault

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.