Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

somthing got in my ipad charging port. how should I remove it?

somthing got in my ipad charging port. how should I remove it? The device is dead and will not charge. The thing inside is like play dough but dried.

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, Cell TD-LTE

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 9:21 AM

You might attempt to gently dislodge the foreign matter with a fine non-metallic pick. A sharpened wooden toothpick is ideal, but be careful that you don’t damage the delicate electrical pins. Use good light and a magnifying glass.

A sensible alternative is to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store - when they reopen in your region. The technicians will very likely be able to assist you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2020 9:21 AM in response to Whal3y

You might attempt to gently dislodge the foreign matter with a fine non-metallic pick. A sharpened wooden toothpick is ideal, but be careful that you don’t damage the delicate electrical pins. Use good light and a magnifying glass.

A sensible alternative is to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store - when they reopen in your region. The technicians will very likely be able to assist you.

somthing got in my ipad charging port. how should I remove it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.