Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Logicboard Failed, Major failure

My new Macbook Pro 16" failed within two weeks of the purchase. Computer had been bought from Authorized dealer in Phuket, Thailand. Despite this is considered "Major failure", Apple only offers repairs at local technical service. Gutted and repaired two weeks old computer doesn't justify the money I paid for a new one. Authorized dealer claims only 1 week warranty. During purchase I had not received any information about neither warranty or returns.

In order to be heard, is there anything else I could do other than writing on online chats and feedbacks. I can not make myself heard on this matter.

What level of operators I should reach to receive replacement computer or even refund

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 10:44 AM

Apple agrees to repair or replace, at its discretion, parts that fail due to materials or workmanship during the standard one-year warranty period.

All repairs to customer's computers are Repair-by-Replacement of major components. The assemblies used are fully tested, and Apple says they are equivalent to new. No board-level repairs are done by service providers -- the replaced parts are sent to a factory for analysis and possible repair.

The logic board in a recent MacBook Pro contains the processor, memory, Boot storage device, and graphics chip(s). If you get that logic board replaced by an Apple-Authorized Service Provider, you essentially DO have a new computer.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2020 10:44 AM in response to Thistle1969

Apple agrees to repair or replace, at its discretion, parts that fail due to materials or workmanship during the standard one-year warranty period.

All repairs to customer's computers are Repair-by-Replacement of major components. The assemblies used are fully tested, and Apple says they are equivalent to new. No board-level repairs are done by service providers -- the replaced parts are sent to a factory for analysis and possible repair.

The logic board in a recent MacBook Pro contains the processor, memory, Boot storage device, and graphics chip(s). If you get that logic board replaced by an Apple-Authorized Service Provider, you essentially DO have a new computer.

Macbook Pro Logicboard Failed, Major failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.