Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove audio from video in QuickTime player 10.4

The article How to Use QuickTime Player 10 says that you should be able to remove either audio or video underneath the Edit tab. Article published June of 2020.

That option does not exist under Edit in my version 10.4.

Anyone else know how to actually remove audio from a video?

Thank you!

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 1:53 PM

3 replies

Jul 13, 2020 3:48 PM in response to Marco Klobas

Hi Marco,

That's exactly what I read in that exact article - and there is no remove audio nor remove video command under edit in my program.

I am on High Sierra 10.13.6 and the version of QuickTime I have is 10.4.

Here is a screen shot that shows my options under Edit.

So, yeah. Still looking for how to remove the audio from a video.

Thank you,

katie

Jul 13, 2020 10:56 PM in response to kt_rains

Hi Katie,

maybe that feature has been introduced with QuickTime 10.5 which is available from Mojave (10.14) above.

I've checked on a Yosemite machine (10.10) which carries QuickTime 10.4 (the same as yours) and indeed the audio/video remove commands aren't available.

You can remove audio track using a utility like Subler. Remember to make a copy of your video first and work on the copy.

There's even an Automator action for that, although some users claim it's not working properly: https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/238653/remove-audio-track-in-quicktime-10

On Catalina the specific action has been removed from Automator, so I couldn't try.

On Yosemite it's available. I got actually a strange error, though – something protection-related (not possible to edit/modify the video).

Remove audio from video in QuickTime player 10.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.