Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is wireless charging more likely to cause the iPhone to become HOT?

I have the iPhone 11 ProMax. It frequently becomes noticeably HOT. I most often use the wireless charging method. Does that method result in the high temp more often than using the device charging cord?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 3:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 4:39 PM

Wireless charging is less efficient than wired. That means more of the electrical energy is wasted as heat.

In general, all charging generates heat. Unless you see an ”overheating” warning on the screen, it's normal.

Battery charging tips and guidelines / Maximizing battery life - by Apple

http://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2020 4:39 PM in response to bj mobile al

Wireless charging is less efficient than wired. That means more of the electrical energy is wasted as heat.

In general, all charging generates heat. Unless you see an ”overheating” warning on the screen, it's normal.

Battery charging tips and guidelines / Maximizing battery life - by Apple

http://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/

Jul 12, 2020 8:30 AM in response to Rysz

Thank you for your reply, and for the link to maximizing performance.

Wireless charging is convenient, and I have two such chargers.....however, easy is not always best! I keep experimenting with settings to fit the way I use the iPhone (high use of the camera features and photo editing apps). Trying to back out of a setting which should NOT have been made is sometimes difficult to troubleshoot.......same goes for the Apple Watch5! Battery life is a frequent issue for any device!

No warning about overheating....so far so good then! ;)

Is wireless charging more likely to cause the iPhone to become HOT?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.