Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina bricked my MacBook Air

I updated to Catalina and it bricked my MacBook Air. Not the Apple experience I expect. Does anyone know what to do for this....no response from the machine at all. It is dead.

Appreciate the help.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 8:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 8:26 PM

I understand your Mac will not turn on at all. No signs of life. Is that correct?

Begin with If your Mac doesn't turn on.

Read and follow each of its steps, including all the links within it, all the way through and including Step 4, which directs you to:

If your Mac starts up to a blank screen

Read and follow each of it steps also, all the way through and including the end, which takes you to:

"If you still need help, please contact Apple Support."

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2020 8:26 PM in response to Rickawhite

I understand your Mac will not turn on at all. No signs of life. Is that correct?

Begin with If your Mac doesn't turn on.

Read and follow each of its steps, including all the links within it, all the way through and including Step 4, which directs you to:

If your Mac starts up to a blank screen

Read and follow each of it steps also, all the way through and including the end, which takes you to:

"If you still need help, please contact Apple Support."

Catalina bricked my MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.