Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading apps

Hi, I got my new iPad today so I don't know if this is me not knowing how to use it or a real issue. Whenever I want to download an app, it asks me for my password. I enter it, it recognizes it, and then it shows that the app is about to be downloaded only for it to go back to showing me the "get" button seconds afterwards. This has happened when trying to download YouTube, Disney+ and several other apps. I don't even want to try and buy an app because I fear that it won't download it and just take my money. I made sure to go to settings and click "allow" when it came to downloading apps, and turn off the asking for password when downloading feature, but it hasn't fixed anything.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 9:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 9:42 PM

It seems as though this is a network connection issue. I would recommend trying to download these apps using a different network. If you don't have any other networks then try to use your iPhone's (or a family members) hotspot connection. If this doesn't work then I would try restarting your iPad and trying again. If the issue is still present then you may need to sign out of your Apple ID on the iPad and sign back in.

For extra help please read this article (If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or other Apple device – Apple Support)

I hope this helps.

-Person

(If you encounter any issues feel free to reply to this message)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2020 9:42 PM in response to kah_ween

It seems as though this is a network connection issue. I would recommend trying to download these apps using a different network. If you don't have any other networks then try to use your iPhone's (or a family members) hotspot connection. If this doesn't work then I would try restarting your iPad and trying again. If the issue is still present then you may need to sign out of your Apple ID on the iPad and sign back in.

For extra help please read this article (If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or other Apple device – Apple Support)

I hope this helps.

-Person

(If you encounter any issues feel free to reply to this message)

Downloading apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.