Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why can’t I unhide my purchases?

That’s just ridiculous not being able to unhide apps I’ve purchased. As soon as an app has been hidden, my family won’t be able to share it.

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 4:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 4:49 AM

You have to download it again in order to unhide before a family member can share it from your purchases.

Hide App Store purchases - Apple Support

Typically people want to hide a purchase so that other people can’t see it, so what good would it do to hide it from your purchase but give your family members access to it? I assume you wanted to hide it for a reason.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2020 4:49 AM in response to figroc

You have to download it again in order to unhide before a family member can share it from your purchases.

Hide App Store purchases - Apple Support

Typically people want to hide a purchase so that other people can’t see it, so what good would it do to hide it from your purchase but give your family members access to it? I assume you wanted to hide it for a reason.

Jul 12, 2020 8:08 PM in response to Demo

I hid apps I would not install again to organize my purchasing list. Didn't realize it would affect family sharing.

The article you posted works but with the itunes for windows. The itunes for mac just doesn't load the managing page. And re-downloading does not unhide apps automatically. Thanks for your help.

why can’t I unhide my purchases?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.