Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing Sync child’s iMessages to my phone

How do I sync my child iMessages to my iPhone? We have the family sharing plan and I know her iCloud credentials.

iPhone XR

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 4:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 7:22 AM

You can't unless you sign in with her Apple ID -- which you should NOT do, as you can only have one Apple ID signed into iCloud at a time and it will likely merge ALL of your data with hers -- so you would have her iMessages, but she would also have yours. As well as contacts, pictures, and any other data you both sync to iCloud. Which is why everyone should have their own Apple ID.

You're going to have to physically look at her phone to monitor her messages.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2020 7:22 AM in response to ValerieRatjen

You can't unless you sign in with her Apple ID -- which you should NOT do, as you can only have one Apple ID signed into iCloud at a time and it will likely merge ALL of your data with hers -- so you would have her iMessages, but she would also have yours. As well as contacts, pictures, and any other data you both sync to iCloud. Which is why everyone should have their own Apple ID.

You're going to have to physically look at her phone to monitor her messages.

Family sharing Sync child’s iMessages to my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.