Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Copy Video Address"

I have right clicked on a video and get a window "Copy Video Address". I have done this. Where does it get copied to? And how do I open it?

Thank you,

Bill Garcia

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 6:59 AM

billyg27 wrote:

Leroy, thank you for your reply.
I have tried Clipboard many times. It does paste it to Clipboard. I need to know how to open the video address to put into an e-mail and/or iMessage?Or simply play.

It copies to the clipboard. You simply paste it where you want it...

— Mail

— browser address bar

— etc

You do not have to "open it" to paste it in an email; in sending the email it will parse as a hot link.

No action required.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2020 6:59 AM in response to billyg27

billyg27 wrote:

Leroy, thank you for your reply.
I have tried Clipboard many times. It does paste it to Clipboard. I need to know how to open the video address to put into an e-mail and/or iMessage?Or simply play.

It copies to the clipboard. You simply paste it where you want it...

— Mail

— browser address bar

— etc

You do not have to "open it" to paste it in an email; in sending the email it will parse as a hot link.

No action required.

Jul 13, 2020 6:49 AM in response to billyg27

You cannot directly use the video address on the clipboard. It must be pasted somewhere it can be played.

In Apple Mail, when you compose a message, you can select a word or expression, and then right-click on it to select the Link > Add Link… dialog box. You then press ⌘V to paste the video link from the clipboard in this box, and when you click OK, that video link is associated with what was selected in your message body. The recipient of that email can click on your selected content with that video link, and the default browser will pop open playing the video.

If you have VideoLan's VLC media player, you could choose File menu : Open Network…, and paste the video address from the clipboard into the URL field of that dialog and then select Open. VLC will then begin playing that video.

"Copy Video Address"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.