Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad Air 3rd generation - Touch stops responding for brief periods of time

My Air 3rd generation (just got 7 months ago) has issues with the touch response. It will just quit responding to my finger touch. I can wait a brief time, usually only 15-30 seconds (sometimes, but rarely, longer) and it will start responding again. This does get annoying when you are in a web site and a response is time sensitive. Now I just switch to my other, much older iPad, if timed responses are required (like an auction site.). I shouldn’t have to do this as I bought the much larger (256 GB) so I didn’t have to resort to my old one.

I have debated contacting Apple and sending it in for repair as I have the AppleCare+ on it, but in reading some of the other posts it appears it may not be my IPad as much as a software issue? Is this true or am I reading it wrong. I tried calling Apple yesterday but was on hold for a lengthy period of time and had to move on. Any suggestions as to what route to take from here?

iPad Air, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 10:09 AM

Hello,

You will need to call Apple for diagnosis.

Contact AppleCare

1 reply

IPad Air 3rd generation - Touch stops responding for brief periods of time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.