Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple iPhone backup can be corrupted?

Hi, since a couple of months I’m having issues with apps crashing and freezing when I open them the first time or switch between apps. I need to launch an app more then 4 times sometimes until it correctly lodes. I have an iPhone XS and the memory is only 50% full.

service could not find anything and recommend to reinstall which I had already did a couple of times without success. Recently I bought an brand new IPhone SE, restored my backup from ITunes (Aprox. 125gb) and had exactly the same issues on this new iPhone.

this has to be something with the backup data. Is there a way to find this out? Setting up as new iPhone would not work out since I would like to have my photos etc. On the new device.

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 10:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 11:36 AM

Is there a way to find this out?

Sadly, no.

Restoring a backup is an all or nothing process. There's no way to isolate which app or its data is causing your issue. if you are syncing your photos using iCloud Photos, they are not in your backup. They will sync back from iCloud after signing in.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2020 11:36 AM in response to ugur58

Is there a way to find this out?

Sadly, no.

Restoring a backup is an all or nothing process. There's no way to isolate which app or its data is causing your issue. if you are syncing your photos using iCloud Photos, they are not in your backup. They will sync back from iCloud after signing in.

Apple iPhone backup can be corrupted?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.