Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud security

Have received 10+ calls about my iCloud account being compromised

I have changed my password what else should I do ?

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 10:57 AM

You’re getting scammed. Or somebody is trying to scam you. Apple doesn’t make those calls.

Apple will block your account, and require you to re-authenticate using your security info.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Changing your Apple ID password using the Apple website, or using your device is fine.

Using it with a scammer’s website or a scammer’s online service, not so much.

You’ll want to enable two-factor authentication, if that’s not already enabled.

Two-factor authentication makes it more difficult to wrest control of your Apple ID.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2020 10:57 AM in response to Rutledge90

You’re getting scammed. Or somebody is trying to scam you. Apple doesn’t make those calls.

Apple will block your account, and require you to re-authenticate using your security info.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Changing your Apple ID password using the Apple website, or using your device is fine.

Using it with a scammer’s website or a scammer’s online service, not so much.

You’ll want to enable two-factor authentication, if that’s not already enabled.

Two-factor authentication makes it more difficult to wrest control of your Apple ID.

Jul 12, 2020 10:55 AM in response to Rutledge90

Apple doesn't make unsolicited phone calls. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Changing your password won't hurt anything but it also won't stop scam calls.

What I have found to be 100% effective for me is Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

iCloud security

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.