Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just tried to send $100 to my grandson it’s asking him to verify his identity full name and Social Security and drivers license. The only problem is he doesn’t have a drivers license! How does he retrieved the money I sent?

I just tried to send $100 to my grandson and it’s asking him to verify his identity full name and Social Security number and drivers license number. The problem is he doesn’t have a drivers license why is it doing this? I have sent him $20 multiple times and it never asked him to verify??

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 2:44 PM

https://www.apple.com/apple-pay/

To send and receive money with Apple Pay or receive the Apple Cash card, you must be 18 and a U.S. resident. These services are provided by Green Dot Bank, member FDIC. Security checks may require more time to make funds available.

That’s all the information I could quickly find.

Contact Apple support is all I can suggest

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2020 2:44 PM in response to AppleAok123

https://www.apple.com/apple-pay/

To send and receive money with Apple Pay or receive the Apple Cash card, you must be 18 and a U.S. resident. These services are provided by Green Dot Bank, member FDIC. Security checks may require more time to make funds available.

That’s all the information I could quickly find.

Contact Apple support is all I can suggest

I just tried to send $100 to my grandson it’s asking him to verify his identity full name and Social Security and drivers license. The only problem is he doesn’t have a drivers license! How does he retrieved the money I sent?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.