You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My: Last known location

I used Find My to locate my iPhone and see "No location found." Why can't it track my phone's last known location? Several weeks ago, I lost my phone and it was able to note the last known location (before it ran out of battery), despite it being far away from where I found it.

Did something change?

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 3:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 3:46 PM

See If Find My iPhone is offline or not working https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204233

2 replies

Jul 12, 2020 4:57 PM in response to donv_the_ghost

I didn't find any of the explanations from that link to be very helpful in answering the question.

This was the closest but it doesn't explain how it was able to discern the location of my phone the time I had lost it previously.

I think it had been 2-3 days before I used Find My in the prior instance. This most recent instance, it was hardly more than 24 hours.

Not being able to even spot the last known location seems like it makes this app largely useless (like, "use Find My in 24 hours, or else you won't ever be able to.").

I was just curious. No need for a reply.

Find My: Last known location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.