Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBPro 2019 model with up to date Catalina - External Monitor sleeps when closing the lid on laptop

When I close the laptop, my external monitor will stay on for about 5 seconds, then goes to sleep. I can't get it to wake-up. Only way is to open my laptop monitor about 1/4 way open and it will come on again. Had this problem about a year ago, reset SMC, NVRAM, and it has been working great. Just moved laptop to my other desk, reconnected, same monitor, same setup, and it's not working now. Any ideas on next steps? Thanks!!

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 7:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 4:04 AM

Thanks for the reply. I did one more SMC reset, and left it off until this morning. Came online and it's working great now. Possible that I may have tried powering on too soon after the SMC reset, not sure, but its working okay now. Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated!!

Similar questions

2 replies

MBPro 2019 model with up to date Catalina - External Monitor sleeps when closing the lid on laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.