Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not showing up in the iMovie libraries panel

I'm using OS Catalina on a 2019 iMac. My iMovie software is up to date, but recently when I've launched iMovie the Photos doesn't show up in my "My Media" libraries. I can't access any of my movies stored on my Photos app. Where did it go. Was is it something to do with a recent software update? Anyone else experiencing this? Very frustrating for it suddenly to disappear? What to do? Help.

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 9:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 7:05 AM

Check to see that Photos is authorized for iMovie. Go to System Preferences/Security & Privacey/Privacy and click on Automation in the Privacy window sidebar. Scroll to iMovie in the right hand side pane and make sure that Photos is checked under iMovie. Now see if the Photos item shows up in your My Media library list.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2020 7:05 AM in response to DBspring

Check to see that Photos is authorized for iMovie. Go to System Preferences/Security & Privacey/Privacy and click on Automation in the Privacy window sidebar. Scroll to iMovie in the right hand side pane and make sure that Photos is checked under iMovie. Now see if the Photos item shows up in your My Media library list.

-- Rich

Jul 13, 2020 10:45 PM in response to Rich839

This essentially solved my problem. Thank you!!. In the new OS, I just had to go under Security & Privacy --> Privacy tab at the top --> then click on Photos in the left hand side panel. Once I clicked on Photos it had "Allow the apps below to access your photos" and iMovie was one of the boxes you could click. Once I clicked this and re-opened iMovie it worked!! Photos now appears in my "My Media" libraries in iMovie.

Photos not showing up in the iMovie libraries panel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.