Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MESH Airplay and WiFi Problems

Hi Everyone,

Added Airties 4920 Mesh units to my home WiFi...two of them.

Running 5GHz.

Apartment.

One Mesh unit connected by network cable directly to the router.

One Mesh unit in the Kitchen two rooms away from the other.

Router's WiFi is turned off.

9 total devices connected to the Mesh units....two Macbook Pros, two iPhones (6+ and 8+), iPad, Samsung 65 TV, HP OfficeJet, HomePod, and the Apple TV unit.

The Apple TV unit is Apple TV 4K purchased in 2018.

All Apple products running Airplay....connected to the same WiFi network....logged into the same Apple account.

All Apple products see the Homepod....except for the Apple TV when both Mesh units are turned on.

The HomePod and the AppleTV connect to the same Mesh unit in the Kitchen.

Turn off the Mesh unit in the kitchen...such that all devices are connected to a single Mesh unit....then the Apple TV sees the Homepod.

Tried Apple TV Airplay settings with "Everyone", "Anyone on the same Network", and "Only People Sharing this Home"....require password always turned off...and "Also Allow Nearby to Airplay" is on. None of these options work for the Apply TV to Airplay to the Homepod when two MESH units are turned on. Only when one MESH unit is turned off does the Apple TV see the Homepod.

One more interesting note....when both Mesh units are turned on....the Apple TV does not connect to my Network Drive. The Network drive is a Seagate drive connected to the router with a network cable.

The only time the Apple TV sees another device when both Mesh units are turned on is my Airpods Pro...that of course is not connected to the network running Bluetooth.

Considering that all other Apple devices see the Homepod when both Mesh units are turned on, but the Apple TV doesn't....makes me wondering if the Apple TV unit is actually set up to connect through multiple Mesh units?

Thus far my testing does not seem to indicate this is a hardware issue with the Mesh manufacturer, rather a problem with the Apple TV unit.

Anyone have any similar experiences connecting their Apple TV through multiple Mesh units?

Thanks for your feedback.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 6:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 7:01 AM

I have a 3 unit mesh set up, with 6 Apple TV's and 2 HomePods, all can see each other.

Have you tried rebooting the mesh units and the network router, you might also have the Apple TV and HomePod forget the network and join it again.

Not saying it isn't but is 5GHz the best choice, while it's faster and less prone to interference, it does do distance very well or like going through walls.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2020 7:01 AM in response to smartfinds

I have a 3 unit mesh set up, with 6 Apple TV's and 2 HomePods, all can see each other.

Have you tried rebooting the mesh units and the network router, you might also have the Apple TV and HomePod forget the network and join it again.

Not saying it isn't but is 5GHz the best choice, while it's faster and less prone to interference, it does do distance very well or like going through walls.

MESH Airplay and WiFi Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.