Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When scrolling, my mouse moves but the page does not scroll up or down. Ideas?

This is a new MacBook Air. On some pages, intermittently, the page will freeze when trying to scroll up or down.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 9:05 AM

I am inclined to suggest that you are not performing the two-finger scrolling gesture correctly, since the cursor is moving when you're expecting the page to scroll. It seems the Mac's trackpad is only detecting one finger instead of the two required for scrolling: Use Multi-Touch gestures on your Mac - Apple Support

If you have reason to believe your brand new Mac is not working properly though, contact Apple and have them either fix it or replace it: Contact Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2020 9:05 AM in response to MacBookFreeze1

I am inclined to suggest that you are not performing the two-finger scrolling gesture correctly, since the cursor is moving when you're expecting the page to scroll. It seems the Mac's trackpad is only detecting one finger instead of the two required for scrolling: Use Multi-Touch gestures on your Mac - Apple Support

If you have reason to believe your brand new Mac is not working properly though, contact Apple and have them either fix it or replace it: Contact Support

When scrolling, my mouse moves but the page does not scroll up or down. Ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.