Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone trade in

I recently purchased a new iPhone online and selected the option saying I would send in my old iPhone for money back. I have since changed my mind that I want to keep the old iPhone too. Is it too late? Can I change my mind? Need to know ASAP

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2020 9:07 AM

You can just keep your old iPhone and they will cancel the trade. See the following from the Frequently Asked Questions section of https://www.apple.com/shop/trade-in

If you haven’t yet shipped your device, you can cancel your trade-in by simply keeping your device.

If you’ve already shipped your device, the trade-in can’t be canceled. If you receive a revised trade-in value after the inspection of your device, you can then choose to reject it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2020 9:07 AM in response to UkuleleQueen

You can just keep your old iPhone and they will cancel the trade. See the following from the Frequently Asked Questions section of https://www.apple.com/shop/trade-in

If you haven’t yet shipped your device, you can cancel your trade-in by simply keeping your device.

If you’ve already shipped your device, the trade-in can’t be canceled. If you receive a revised trade-in value after the inspection of your device, you can then choose to reject it.

Jul 13, 2020 9:12 AM in response to UkuleleQueen

Per the FAQ at Apple Trade In - Apple — yes.

Can I cancel a trade-in?

Apple issues the trade-in credit when the device is received and evaluated. Not before. Not at the time of purchase.

iPhone trade in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.